13 November 2012

Scrapbooking retreat

Beware: this is going to be a long post with lots of scrapbooking photos.  

I spent the last four days unwinding with some fellow scrapbookers.  It was terrific!  I ate too much, sat too long, went to bed too late, all to finish 19 layouts, getting me to 50 weeks of Aurora's 52 week album.  My goal is to have one full size layout of for each week of her first year, and then fill in the gaps of busier weeks with a project life style insert.  So, getting to 50 weeks is pretty exciting!  I figure that if I only ever finish the 52 I'll be good.  AND, she is only 16 months, so I'm not even that behind!

Here are the favorites from the layouts I finished:



1) My friend Kim Holmes had  Elizabeth Karchner's Scrapbook Trend's Signature Series magazine at the crop, and was generous enough to share! I directly scraplifted from one of her layouts. :D Love it!


2) Another scraplift from Elizabeth Karchner's and Scrapbook Trend's Signature Series.  This ombre {many questions came up with what ombre is...basically it is a gradient of color.  The fashion world is using it for hair and nails right now} style is beautiful.  I didn't realize there were 'mist-able' thickers, so I just used some that were fabric and felt, figuring the mist would do just fine with it, and it did great!  I love how it turned out.


3) This layout was inspired by the beautiful designs of my friend Aimee Westcott.  Her style is so detailed with plenty of white space.


4) This layout is a direct lift from Aimee Westcott - which diverges from her traditional style. :D  The 'envelope' was the packaging from a sweet gift of scrap goodies from Marilyn McDonald. Sorry, the photo turned out terrible!


5) This layout was done from a 'grab bag'.  The challenge is for all participants to put three papers and three embellishments into a paper bag. We then all take three of each out (blindly).  There has been a bit of a learning curve, as the first time we played I pulled out a googly eye.  Yes, a googly eye.  I put some washi over it and called it good, but I still bring it up every time.  Most people now put good elements into the bag.  Even with current product, it is challenging as everyone has a different style, and pulling out a leopard print paper or a transparency frame is hard! Right, Andrea???



6) This crazy layout was a random thought I had, and it took forever.  After getting it home I think it needs some little element additions, but otherwise, it is fun.  It was also a bossy scrapper that required the following elements: four punches (clouds), sequins (fudged a bit with the shaped Martha glitter), something round (clouds), three photos (photos!), four patterned papers (clouds x2, matting x1, tiny tags on frames x2) washi tape (pink chevron), the color grey (ribbon on first photo mat) and an address tag Andrea provided (journaling spots). PHEW! 


7) One of my favorites of the weekend is this last layout I'll post.  This had some elements I lifted from Elizabeth Kartchner {I really need my own mason jar stamp!}.  However, I really like the hand stitched chevron.  Chevron is the new black, right?


2 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! You rocked it!!!! 19 is AWESOME!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee them all -- but I am SO IN LOVE with that one with the rainbow!!! FABULOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete